Additional Experts: Drs. Prosper Chaki, Bart Knols, Emmanuel Hakizimana, Anne Wilson & Steve Lindsay
Episode XXII: Wednesday, May 5th 2021; Starting 2pm East African Time
Ifakara MasterClasses in Public Health & Medical Entomology
Hosted by Fredros Okumu (Ifakara Health Institute) & Dr. Sheila Ogoma (CHAI)
- The Aquatic Ecology of Dominant Malaria vectors
- Historical accounts of Larval Source Management (LSM) and Malaria Control
- Epidemiological [and entomological] evidence for effectiveness of LSM
- The Triple F Dilemma: what is the potential of LSM in rural areas
- The financial and logistical concerns relevant to LSM
- LSM in the context of WHO’s Global Vector Control Response 2016-2030
- Larvicides, The Maps& The Technologies●
- In-country Capabilities for Larval Source Management
- Community Engagement: should LSM campaigns be vertical, horizontal or hybrid?
- Building essential careers & leadership vector control in endemic countries
Register in advance for this meeting!